STILLEWATERS GUEST FARM
|STILLEWATERS GUEST FARM
+27 (0) 63 381 8782
Stillewaters is a lovely old farm house on a working farm only five kilometres from Richmond in the Karoo of the Northern Cape.
Welcome to Stillewaters Guest Farm! The three bedroom holiday home near Richmond in the Karoo is the perfect stopover or getaway for weekends with families, friends, bird lovers, nature lovers, fans of country living, landscape photographers, writers or anyone seeking peace and quiet on a real Karoo farm!
This spacious house is booked for one group at a time upon request, alternatively the rooms are booked separately.
- It can comfortably sleep 10 people in the three bedrooms.
- The communal kitchen is fully-equipped.
- There is also a communal dining area with an indoor braai and a communal sitting area with a fire place (wood is sold at the Caltex garage in Richmond).
- There is also a separate outside braai area.
- There is an enclosed courtyard adjacent to the kitchen ideal for pets.
- Meals are available upon request.
- The house is comfortably furnished, beds are made and towels are provided.
- Free Wifi is available.
- Room 1 - En-suite room: 1 Double bed and 1 single bed with an en-suite bathroom (bath and shower).
- Room 2 - Garden room: 1 Double and 1 single bed. This room shares a separate bathroom with the Sunroom. The bathroom has a shower and bath.
- Room 3 - 1 Sunroom: 1 Double bed and 2 single beds with a sitting area. This room shares a separate bathroom with the Garden room. The bathroom has a shower and bath.
- There is also a separate flatlet accommodating 4 people that has one bedroom with a double bed and a sitting area and one bedroom with either 2 single beds or a bunk bed. This unit has a kitchenette and separate bathroom with a shower.
- The Hunting Lodge is separate from the main farmhouse and accommodates 6 people. It is a spacious, self-catering unit with a breakfast bar, living area, private bathroom and fireplace. There is a large room with a double bed and 4 single beds. The safari-style kitchen has a fridge, stove and oven.
Guests are free to roam around the yard and the nearby grazing lands, river and dams.
Pet Policy: All pets are welcome by prior arrangement. There is a big, grassy courtyard - enclosed with high walls - adjacent to the kitchen. Dogs must be on a leash when taken out of the yard. Trained pets are welcome to sleep inside on their own beds.
Rates: From R180 per person per night
There's a spring water dam and a river running with spring water only a few metres from the house and a rain water dam on the western side of the yard. All this water attracts numerous bird species and it makes for excellent bird watching and photography. One is free to roam around the yard and nearby grazing lands, river and dams.
4 x 4 Tracks, horse-riding and horse or donkey cart rides are available upon request.
Catch a glimpse of a few Black Wildebeest, springbuck and wild ostriches while you are out in the veld and have close encounters with Merino sheep, Nguni cattle, horses and donkeys.
Allow time to stroll through Richmond - the 'Book town of South Africa' for a memorable small town experience. The main street boasts with numerous unique and interesting book shops, the Richmond Saddle Horse Museum and the MAP (Modern Art Projects) Gallery. A good place to start is the Richmond Info Centre and Vetmuis Veldkombuis/Restaurant is the perfect place to end it off.
In Richmond there is a SaveRite for groceries and a liquor store and if you feel like eating out the Vetmuis and Ka-ma Lodge Restaurants serve good meals in town.
Make Stillewaters your halfway stop or bring the whole family for the weekend!
Follow us on FACEBOOK
Please contact Stillewaters Guest Farm directly for bookings & enquiries.